- Increasingly integrated in building design, providing a prominent, permanent architectural element.
- Also used to convey short-term, frequently changing messages in retail spaces, public buildings, transportation stations, and other locations.
- A growing opportunity for print service providers, providing a new source of revenue.
Point of purchase (POP) posters
- One of the most common large-format printing applications, mostly used for short-term campaigns.
- Usually installed indoors, demanding high-quality printing suitable for close viewing.
- Some POP posters are also installed in outdoor environments, requiring suitable durability.
- Flexible advertising signage and interior decoration produced on various types of fabrics, instead of vinyl and paper media.
- Fast-expanding market due to the attractive appearance of printed fabric and its lightweight, wrinkle resistance and easy handling, which facilitate storage and transportation.
- Recycling opportunities further contribute to the growing popularity of soft signage.
Outdoor and event banners
- Banners and signage for exhibitions and outdoor events.
- Extremely cost-sensitive market.
- Require good outdoor durability and crack-resistant printing on low-cost, flexible media.
- Growing print buyer concern about the environmental impact of solvent-printed vinyl banners is increasing demand for more environmentally responsible alternatives.
- Used for bus shelters, theater displays, airport signage and high-end retail signage.
- High quality demands to support close viewing, vivid images and small text.
Vehicle wraps and graphics
- The complete or partial covering of the outside of a vehicle with preprinted vinyl film.
- Fast-growing in popularity as they offer a high-impact, low cost-per-impression marketing tool.